Thursday, February 24, 2011

Testicular hypoplasia

Definition :Testicular hypoplasia implies an incomplete development of the germinal epithelium of the seminiferous tubules, due to inadequate numbers of germinal cells within the testis. Lack of germinal cells may arise throughpartial or complete failure of the germinal cells to develop in the yolk sac, failure to migrate to the genital ridge, failure to multiply in the developing gonad, or widespread degeneration of embryonic germinal cells within the primitive gonad.

 General information: Mild cases may exhibit moderate oligospermia or poor sperm morphology, but severe cases may be aspermic. A hereditary form of hypoplasia exists in Swedish Highland cattle affecting the left testis more commonly than the right. Formerly, in the UK, many cases were detected when bulls were licensed at 10 months of age; however, the abandoning of such licensing means that the frequency of animals with relative hypoplasia is likely to increase.
            A high incidence of hypoplasia occurs in the Welsh Mountain pony, in which the right testis is most commonly affected, and in which an inherited aetiology is probable.
            Sporadic cases of hypoplasia occur in all species, occasionally, but not often, with a clear familial predisposition.

 Klinefelter’s syndrome (karyotype XXY): is a sporadic cause of testicular hypoplasia in bulls, and has been reported in rams, boars and dogs. It is also particularly associated with male tortoiseshell and calico cats.
·       The spermatogonia of such animals fail to develop,
·       Seminiferous tubules are virtually devoid of spermatogenic cells.
·       The semen of such animals is therefore aspermic,
·       The Leydig cells being unaffected,
·       Libido is normal.
Diagnosis :
·       By measurement of scrotal circumference, a value below acceptable limits for the species and breed being diagnostic.
·       Palpation of the testes reveals one or both to be small and flabby.
·       Semen analysis may reveal aspermic or oligospermic ejaculates, sometimeswith markedly abnormal morphology or motility characteristics of such sperm as are present.
·       By contrast, libido is generally normal and, for this reason, the condition may escape the owner’s attention until the failure to achieve satisfactory pregnancy rates is noticed.
Treatment: Because of the probable inherited basis of testicular hypoplasia, attempting to breed from an affected animal should be avoided. Attempts at treatment with exogenous hormones are invariably unsuccessful, so castration and (for meat animals) slaughter for recovery of the carcass value should be recommended.








Fig.  Testicular hypoplasia in a ram. The scrotal
circumference of 22 cm was well below the 30–35 cm
expected for a ram during the breeding season.

2 comments:

  1. I know this could be disrespectful but i would still share my testimony with you all whom would also need same help, i got married to my wife 3 years ago until i came across DR AZIBA we could not have a child because my Penis was too small to perform and could not erect, this almost cost me my marriage, i wept in close door, no help coming , so i went online for a helpful research and i came across a review written about DR. AZIBA who prepares PENIS ENLARGEMENT PRODUCT and his contact details were also written on how he prepares root and vegetables natural product to help grow penis , so i applied and he send it to my address and instruct me on how to use, within the period of (7days) my penis is already growing from 3:5 to 6:5 and DR made it known to me that i can stop when am satisfied with the result, my dear friends this is worth celebrating and sharing with my fellow men same goes to women who needs this for there man, i will write down his contact details so you all can contact the DR AZIBA . Contact Dr via Email:[ Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com ]also on
    [ WhatsApp : +2348100368288 ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. few week ago I felt some pains and I went to the hospital my doc told me I had hpv about 1 yr and I need to start the treatment early, he gave me some medicine to be taking and I told him no I’ll not, because I hated taking medicine when I won’t not see cure for the purpose. After I got home I started getting worried searching for strong advice and I found valid natural treatment online lot people says they got hpv cure from Dr onokun and I email Dr Onokun 3 days passed, I purchase his cure online some weeks after the process taking his treatment i got cured. I went for checkup twice after taking the natural treatment from the herbalist called Dr onokun and i tested negative. contact him on email: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete